I wanted to try just the GPE Calendar to Google synchronization on OS2008 , and realised that it needed some fiddling to get it working. Here are the steps:
- Find and decide where to get GPE Calendar from. I ended up using repository:
http://www.cobb.uk.net/apt/ chinook user
- Then there’s the libsoup dependency. This I achieved by using repository:
http://maemo.o-hand.com/packages/ chinook/ [empty]
- Install GPE Calendar from application manager.
- Install some python dependencies from the root terminal:
apt-get install python2.5 python2.5-gtk2 python2.5-hildon python2.5-xml
- Follow the erminig instructions by downloading and istalling gdatalite, pysqlite and erminig.
- Remeber that when entering Google calendar password in erminig, the first letter wants to be uppercase. The program won’t tell you if you have a wrong password. sigh…
It’s a long list, but when you get it to work, you’ll be happy. It works just fine. If it doesn’t, remember to try to start it from the terminal to see the output.
Most of the problems I figured out by reading the erminig forum, and the repositories I found from the repository search tool. If you have better instructions or tips please share them in the comments.